Friday, February 25, 2005

Band of the week 2/20/05

It's about that time!

It's time for Josh's Band of the week! They are:


Brand New

Check them out at: http://www.brandnewrock.com/

Brand New will rock your faces off. They have a great blend of rock, punk, pop and emo. If you get a chance, pick up their latest album, Deja Entendu. But if you are a scavenger and you download songs from the internet or from iTunes, check out tracks like "Quiet things that no one ever knows" "sic transit gloria (glory fades)" and "I believe you but my tommy gun don't." Brand New can break your heart with one track, adn rock the hell out of you on the next, then keep you intrigued throughout their entire album. I haven't seen a band with this much promise since I heard Saves the Day's first major label album "Through being cool." Keep an eye out for their next album. Rolling Stone billed them as a band to watch in 2005 and Brand New aren't fucking around, they lay it down.
Alright, now I must go. I am sick and I am tired and there's a freakin' police chase going on in my neighborhood.

No comments: