Saturday, September 18, 2004

Rants, raves and Jay Leno

Welcome, it looks like I’ve done it again. As fragile as my computer is, I can never get it through my head that I cannot run more than one application at once. So I am again sitting here on the couch, writing on a laptop borrowed from work and trying to figure out how to once again unfuck my computer. I am lucky enough that I have retained some sort of bizarre mismash of knowledge jammed into my brain that I can meander my way through a few DOS commands, thus enabling me to partially boot up my computer but disallowing anything sophisticated to come anywhere near my crapbox. But my life does not revolve around technology, Oh, quite to the contrary, technology revolves around my life. So on to better things.
My first charge from the category of "better things" is, VOTE! If you don’t vote in November, you don’t have a voice. This is the most important decision our generation is going to make. Our generation, or generation Y or generation next or whatever the good people at Pepsi use to describe people our ages when attempting to figure out what busty preteen to thrust onto out TV screens to get us to guzzle down their sugar water, was in peril. And the next part of this diatribe, I hate to even bring up but I believe it’s important. I know that the right loves to bring up September 11th and issues of national security to bully and cower voters out of their good sense, but I truly believe that our generation was asleep at the wheel before that tragedy took place.
Our great depression was a sense of moral vacancy. Before September 11th and the administration that both allowed it and seeks to profit from it, an entire nation of teens and twentysomethings were doomed to watch idly as a great untapped purpose lay dormant. But now I believe we have reached that oh so important crossroads that presents a generation with their greatest moral test. Are you going to lay down and accept what the religious right and moral authoritarians push as an agenda for safety, or are you going to stand up and be counted. This is with out a doubt the most important presidential election our generation will vote in. To miss it or choose not to vote is to take you future and throw it away. If you don’t vote, you don’t have a voice, so shut up.
Ok, enough with the political ranting, just vote ok? Now, on to work related info. While I was casting for The Swan Season 2, The Tonight Show sent a comedian to cover our LA casting call and interview some of the people involved, including the doctors and the creator, Nely Galan. I was also briefly on camera as I did interviews alongside our casting director Amy. I was under the impression that I was going to be included, if only briefly, but alas it was not to be. I happened to catch the Tonight Show that included it and I was nowhere to be seen, along with most of the footage they shot. My friend Jessica was the only person to be featured briefly. Oh well, she’s better looking than I am anyway.
This has been a really long post, so I’ll end it now. I’m off later to go hiking in Griffith Park with a few friends of mine. Later.

No comments: