Sunday, September 05, 2004

Labor day

So work has been good lately. I just found out that I will be working for at least another two weeks. Yippie. It's a very precarious situation to work in Hollywood as a freelance person. What this mean is that even though I have some tenative connections, job security is still sort of iffy. For all of you that don't know, I've been working as a casting associate sice the beginning of this year. What that means is that I work with a casting director and usually at least one other casting associate to bring in contestants and other people to be on reality and game shows.

The show I just finished working on was The Swan, season 2. I know what you are all thinking, how could I participate in a show that so stresses physical appearance? Well, I have to say that since actually working on The Swan, I've realized that they (the show) give women what they need both mentally and physically. The Swan isn't just a "makeover" show, it really helps people. Even if you don't agree with the show, I have to admit I had a prety good time working on it. While casting for the show, I got to travel a little and hold open casting calls in Phoenix and Detroit. Both casting calls got a fair bit of media attention which was a first for me.

When I was casting for the show Mad Mad House, I spent ten days travelling in the south and hitting almost as many cities, but the only press that showed any interest was a newspaper in Shreveport, Loisiana. But when I went to Detroit, I actually had to go to the studio and do a live interview on the mornign news. Also, a TV station from Cleveland sent a crew to cover the casting call and a couple of friends of mine actually spotted us on the morning news. Thats a wierd feeling. But what was even more strange for me was to come back from the two city tour to find the women who had come out and hadn't been selected were bad-mouthing me on the Swan website. You may actually be able to find them talking shit about me if you go to www.fox.com/swan and check out the message boards. Until later, peace out.

No comments: