Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ruth Mills: 1910 - 2008


This morning in Ohio, we lost an amazing intelligent and kind woman, my grandmother Ruth "Grandma Ruse" Mills. She led an amazing and long life that began in a house without a telephone and spanned two world wars, countless presidents, and many many loving grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She is pictured above with her great-granddaughter Avery.

I grew up in Columbus Ohio, and was able to see her and my grandfather quite a lot, but after having moved to Los Angeles in 2003, I wasn't able to see her as much. I was very fortunate to come home recently and spend a few days talknig with her. We sat for hours and I told her about my life in Los Angeles and she told me about hers in Ohio. I had such an amazing time learning things about her childhood and her family.

I can't describe the amount of love, respect and admiration that my entire family felt for such a wonderful woman.

I love you Grandma Ruse, and I'll miss you.

No comments: